Soundboard: Charlottesville's news straight from the source.
Each Friday from 9-10 AM, tune in to hear area journalists and guests discuss local news, culture, and community issues in the Charlottesville area. Whether we're talking about city politics, scientific innovations, or the local music scene, you'll get to hear in-depth discussion about stories that matter.
Soundboard is co-hosted by WTJU's Lewis Reining and Charlottesville Tomorrow's Jennifer Marley.
Podcasts may be downloaded from this website (see blue box at right), via RSS, and via Charlottesville Tomorrow on iTunes.
The August 10 show features contributors Laura Ingles, Katy Nelson & Graelyn Brashear (from C-Ville Weekly) and Sean Tubbs & Ian Lamb (Charlottesville Tomorrow) discussing:
- The University of Virginia's Chief Operating Officer resigns and a new round of emails sheds more light on President Theresa Sullivan's resignation
- UVa is ranked as the top public university in Forbes' annual college rankings
- A group of bypass opponents are concerned about deficiencies of the Western Bypass of U.S. 29
- Chris Campanelli, a local singer-songwriter talks about the local music scene and plays a track
- Albemarle County is seeking new locations for industrial development
- Mark Brown, owner of the Main Street Arena, has purchased Yellow Cab
- UVA Astronomer Ed Murphy talks about the Mars Science Laboratory and the next steps in solar system explorationSoundboard is produced by Robert Packard and Nathan Moore. We hope you enjoy it, and we look forward to your feedback!