Democrat Jane Dittmar is a candidate for the special election for the Scottsville District seat on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors. Four of the six seats on board will be determined in the November 5 election. Other candidates in this race include: Cindi Burket (R).
Each candidate was interviewed by Charlottesville Tomorrow and asked 10 questions about their qualifications, priorities and important quality of life issues. Included in the box at the right are links to the full transcript and audio recording of those interviews (also available on iTunes).
Highlights of all the candidate responses are available in this downloadable 2013 Voter Guide.
Bio: My employment background includes the following:
- Launched first business while second year student at UVA
- Following graduation established and ran numerous successful Charlottesville businesses
- President/CEO Charlottesville Chamber of Commerce
- Co-founder Positive Solutions mediation firm
- Coordinator mediation program for Supreme Court of Virginia
My civic and professional experiences include the following:
- Trustee UVA's College of Arts and Sciences
- First woman president UVA's Athletic Association
- Back to back appointments Job Training Coordinating Conference
- Cofounder Charlottesville/Albemarle Business Alliance
- Cofounder Charlottesville Tourism Council
- Served three Virginia Governors on Select Commonwealth Commissions
- Member Charlottesville League of Women Voters. Member Natural Resources Committee
- Advisory Council Habitat for Humanity
Education: University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts in Economics; University of Virginia, Darden Business School Executive Program for Leadership and Management; George Mason University, Supreme Court Mediation Certification; Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Certificate in Local Government Leadership
Occupation: Professional mediator
Previous political experience: First time candidate
Age on Election Day: 57
Neighborhood or area of residence: Glenmore
Family: Jane and her husband Frank have 6 children.
Other interests and experiences: Attending church, being with my family, jogging, farmer's market, gardening
Telephone: (434) 226-0698