2023 Voter Guide for Central Virginia
Welcome to Charlottesville Tomorrow’s 2023 Central Virginia Voter Guide!
This guide will contain information about 156 local and state races in Charlottesville and 12 central Virginian counties. (It doesn’t include the greater Richmond area because there are more media outlets there that provide information.)
Our goal with this guide is to help as many people participate in our democracy as possible. First, we got feedback from over 200 of you about what to ask candidates for local offices this year — from boards of supervisors to clerks of court.
As we get more responses from the candidates, we are adding them to the guide. You can enter the address where you are registered to vote to find the ones on your ballot, or scroll though by county, city, town or statewide district.
Enter your full address and then tap the marker that appears on the map. If we have information about the races and candidates available, you can click to see it.
If you are using an iPhone, we’re aware that the maps aren’t working perfectly and are working to fix the issue. In the meantime, please browse or use the map on a larger screen. See other errors or have questions? Please reach out.
Enter your address to find out what’s on your ballot in your county, city or town election
Enter your address to find out what’s on your ballot in your house or senate election
Candidate information by county, city or town
Candidate information for statewide races
As you get ready to vote, here are some key dates and links from the Virginia Department of Elections:
- Sept. 22: First day of in-person early voting at your local registrar’s office.
- Oct. 16: Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration. You can also register after this date, and on election day, but you will vote with a provisional ballot, could take longer for officials to count because they will verify your eligibility.
- Oct. 27: Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you. Your request must be received by your local registrar by 5:00 p.m.
- Oct. 28: Voter registration offices open for early voting.
- Nov. 4: The last day of in-person early voting at your registrar.
- Nov. 7: Election Day
Need to know if you’re eligible to vote? Here are resources from the Virginia Department of Elections.
As we get more responses, we’ll have even more resources here, so be sure to subscribe for free emails to get updates! And if you want to support this work to provide high quality, non partisan information to voters in our area, get in touch or consider a sponsorship.