As you get ready to vote, here are some key dates and links from the Virginia Department of Elections:
- Sept. 22: First day of in-person early voting at your local registrar’s office.
- Oct. 16: Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration. You can also register after this date, and on election day, but you will vote with a provisional ballot, could take longer for officials to count because they will verify your eligibility.
- Oct. 27: Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you. Your request must be received by your local registrar by 5:00 p.m.
- Oct. 28: Voter registration offices open for early voting.
- Nov. 4: The last day of in-person early voting at your registrar.
- Nov. 7: Election Day
Need to know if you’re eligible to vote? Here are resources from the Virginia Department of Elections.
Here are the candidate Q&As and news available for your county
Incumbent Edna Trent Goldman is seeking a second term. Challenger Crystal M. Hensley has worked in commissioners’ offices.