The county will again look at changing what can be done on commercial and industrial zoned properties in Albemarle County’s rural area.

The board in June put on hold a proposed change that would have amended the county’s zoning ordinance and updated the list of uses by right or by special-use permit for rural commercial and industrial properties that are not served by public water.

Currently, owners of such properties need a special-use permit for some uses, including any by-right uses that involve water consumption exceeding 400 gallons per site acre per day.