Charlottesville Tomorrow is now hiring an Education Reporter to cover public education in the city of Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia.
Tim Shea, Charlottesville Tomorrow's first education reporter (2013-15), has accepted a job as Legislative & Public Affairs Officer for Albemarle County Public Schools. We wish Tim well in his new endeavors and we hope you will help us find a new reporter to fill some pretty big shoes!
The position requires a self-starter who is hungry to break news and dive deep in enterprise reporting, eager to understand and inform public policy debates and enthusiastic about Charlottesville Tomorrow’s approach to solutions journalism.
- Conceiving, reporting and executing stories about public education issues in Charlottesville-Albemarle, from breaking news to feature stories to long-term investigative projects.
- Regular attendance at school board meetings and coverage of school board elections.
- Engaging with readers throughout the reporting process and in person through Charlottesville Tomorrow’s events.
- Our small team requires reporters who can work independently to photograph their subjects, record meetings, produce audio podcasts and accurately layout their stories and infographics for our website.
- Some supervision and mentoring of Charlottesville Tomorrow’s semester interns.