Voter Guide: 2 candidates are vying to represent the 59th District in the Virginia House of Delegates
The newly drawn Virginia House District 59 covers parts of Hanover, Louisa and Henrico counties. Del. H.F. “Buddy” Fowler Jr. (R) and Rachel A. Levy (D) are the two Virginia Department of Elections-certified candidates running to represent the new district in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Fowler has served in the House since 2014, representing the former 55th District. Levy ran an unsuccessful campaign in 2021 to represent the 55th.
We did not send questionnaires to this candidate, but are sharing the extensive media coverage the race has already gotten.
More about the candidates for the 50th District in the House of Delegates
- Campaign finances for this race, from the Virginia Public Access Project
- More about the 59th District, from the Virginia Public Access Project
- An October report from NBC12 about the candidates’ positions
- A 2022 report about the primaries in this race, for subscribers to the Daily Progress
- Q&As with the Republican primary candidates and Levy, for subscribers to the Richmond Times-Dispatch
- A 2022 report about Fowler’s announcement that he is running for re-election, in the Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Virginia Public Access Project’s Pre-Election Campaign Finance Reports
- A 2022 report in Charlottesville Tomorrow about redistricting’s impact