Voter Guide: 2 candidates seek to represent the 50th District in the Virginia House of Delegates
The newly drawn Virginia House District 50 covers Mecklenburg County, and parts of Prince Edward, Halifax, Charlotte and Lunenburg counties. Tommy Wright (R) currently represents the 61st District and is being challenged by Josh Blakely (D) to represent the new district in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Charlottesville Tomorrow sent just a few questions to state candidates, informed by more than 200 responses to a voter survey this summer. Neither candidate responded to requests to participate, made to the email addresses they registered with their candidacy.
More about the candidates for the 50th District in the House of Delegates
- Campaign finances for this race, from the Virginia Public Access Project
- More about the 50th District, from Virginia Public Access Project
- Profiles of the candidates in the News & Record
- Profile of Wright by WSET
- Q&A with the candidates, for subscribers to the Farmville Herald
- Virginia Public Access Project’s Pre-Election Campaign Finance Reports
- More about the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) from Charlottesville Tomorrow