Voter Guide: 2 candidates want to represent the 53rd District in the Virginia House of Delegates
The newly drawn Virginia House District 53 covers Amherst County and parts of Nelson and Bedford counties. Tim Griffin (R) and Sam Soghor (D) were nominated by their parties to represent the new district in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Charlottesville Tomorrow sent a few questions to state candidates, informed by over 200 responses to a voter survey this summer. Neither Griffin nor Soghor responded to requests to participate, made to the email addresses they registered with their candidacy.
More about the candidates for to represent the 53th District in the House of Delegates
- Campaign finances for this race, from the Virginia Public Access Project
- More about the 53rd District, from Virginia Public Access Project
- An October report in Politico about Griffin’s record as an election attorney trying to overturn the 2020 presidential election
- A Cardinal News report on Griffin’s nomination in the primaries
- A news report about an Oct. 25 candidate forum, for subscribers of the News & Advance
- A report about questions over Griffin’s residence, in Cardinal News
- Virginia Public Access Project’s Pre-Election Campaign Finance Reports
- More about the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) from Charlottesville Tomorrow