Volunteers are needed in Albemarle County to serve as Election Officers in the precinct polling places for the upcoming March 1 Presidential Primary Election. This community service requires good reading, writing, and public relations skills. It also requires the strength to assist with polling place set up and the stamina to endure a long day. A stipend and training is provided.
Each Election Officer must:
· be a competent person, fully capable of performing required duties in a mature and pleasant manner;
· be of good moral character;
· be a registered voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia;
· agree to represent either the Republican or Democratic party; and
· NOT hold any elective office, or be the deputy or employee of an elected official.
If you feel that you are qualified and are interested in serving, please contact the Albemarle County Voter Registration Department, 434-972-4173, or Albemarle County Electoral Board, 434-296-5863, by February 20 for further information.