Charlottesville Tomorrow seeks a Lead Reporter to work as part of its ambitious, hyperlocal nonprofit newsroom.
The Lead Reporter will lead Charlottesville Tomorrow’s in-depth journalism initiatives, with a particular focus on expanding the impact of its news coverage, diversifying its perspectives, developing its source and information network, covering important and timely stories.
The Lead Reporter will work closely with the News Editor and the other members of the editorial team to help the organization solidify its role as a national leader in nonprofit, hyperlocal, mission-driven journalism.
- Lead our in-depth, solutions, and feature reporting initiatives
- Cover the most important issues before local government, nonprofit, and community decision-making bodies
- Collaborate with editorial team colleagues and freelance journalists to create cutting-edge digital and multimedia journalism projects
- Develop trusted source networks among community leaders, elected officials, decision-makers, and influencers in our coverage area
- Mentor junior reporters and help to create an inspiring, effective nonprofit journalism newsroom
- Specific goals and objectives in each area shall be set by the Executive Director and News Editor in conversation with the Board of Directors.
SALARY RANGE: $50-60K, based on skills and experience.
To apply for this position, please e-mail a cover letter and resume, along with clips, to email@example.com.