In Virginia, Boards of Supervisors govern counties and each member is elected to a four-year term. Prince Edward County’s Board of Supervisors has eight members, one for each district. In District 2, incumbent supervisor Victor “Bill” Jenkins is being challenged by Rex Williams.
Jenkins is the incumbent and is seeking his first full term. He won against two opponents in an off-year election in 2022. One of those opponents, Carol Stiff, was the interim District Two supervisor. She was appointed in June 2022 to replace longtime Supervisor Bobby Jones, who died unexpectedly.
Charlottesville Tomorrow designed a questionnaire based on more than 200 responses we received to a voter survey. Neither Jenkins nor Williams returned answers.
More about the Prince Edward County Board of Supervisors
- Jenkins’ campaign contributions, from the Virginia Public Access Project
- Williams’ campaign contributions, from the Virginia Public Access Project
- A story about Supervisor Jones’ death, for subscribers of the Farmville Herald
- A story about Stiff’s appointment, for subscribers of the Farmville Herald
As you get ready to vote, here are some key dates and links from the Virginia Department of Elections:
Polls in Virginia close at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 7, night. The Virginia Department of Elections will publish election results in real time, as they arrive from precincts around the state. To view them, head to this link. These are unofficial results until they are certified. Here’s more about how to get election results.
- Sept. 22: First day of in-person early voting at your local registrar’s office.
- Oct. 16: Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration. You can also register after this date, and on election day, but you will vote with a provisional ballot, could take longer for officials to count because they will verify your eligibility.
- Oct. 27: Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you. Your request must be received by your local registrar by 5:00 p.m.
- Oct. 28: Voter registration offices open for early voting.
- Nov. 4: The last day of in-person early voting at your registrar.
- Nov. 7: Election Day. Here is where you can find your polling place.
Need to know if you’re eligible to vote? Here are resources from the Virginia Department of Elections.